Thursday, June 19, 2014

Sure to be a Southern staple....

Well, summer hasn't officially started but it sure feels like summer down here in Texas! Sure, we can just drink plain, 'ol water but does that really quench your thirst when it's nearly 100F? Not for this gal. 

I have my favorite drinks, sure. Cucumber water, fruit infused water, Big Red or Dr. Pepper (I rarely indulge these days). Tonight, I had a real desire for some lemonade. I have a real taste (or obsession, your choice) with citrus anything. So, I made my Watermelon Lemonade. It was the perfect night. Although muggy and hot, it still had a cool breeze once evening came. What better time to make my lemonade?

I would like to share with you my recipe for homemade Watermelon-Lemonade. Of course, tweak it to suit you. I tend to lower the sugar amounts that this recipe calls for because I don't like my lemonades too sugary. 

Glamorously Refined Fun Boutique's Watermelon-Lemonade

4 cups of cubed or chopped watermelon
6 cups of water
1 separate cup of water
1 cup of regular table sugar
1/4 tsp of salt
2 cups of lemon juice *about 8 lemons*

Bring 6 cups of water, 1 cup of sugar and 1/4 tsp of salt to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. This will make your syrup. *Please note, it will just look like plain water and it won't thicken*

Puree in a blender 4 cups of chopped/cubed watermelon with 1 cup of water. 

Prep your pitcher. With your strainer, pour in your watermelon puree. Then add your syrup through your strainer as well. Give it a good stir. Add in your lemon juice. Stir Stir Stir.

Pour over some ice, garnish with a watermelon wedge and enjoy your drink.

This recipe makes approximately 12 servings.

I like to change up the fruit in my lemonade at times. You can follow the same recipe using cucumbers, strawberries, raspberries, etc.

Also, I can imagine that this recipe could be yummy with alcohol. I don't drink though, so I couldn't tell you what alcohols would go great  with this. If you try this recipe with some, please come on back and share your recipe with us. We'd love to know.

Hope you ladies enjoy this drink. Let us know down bellow if you try it or add to it.

Happy sipping lovelies!

GRF


No comments:

Post a Comment